Hall of Fame
- Hall of Fame
OHEHS Announces 2016 Inductees
2016 Induction Ceremony & Dinner
The 2016 induction ceremony and dinner will be held Monday, October 24, at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum. View the invitation and registration card below. You may also register online.
If you have questions about the event, please contact Executive Secretary Amanda Jacobs at 405-522-0779 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ann Ackerman (Oklahoma City, OK) – Oklahoma City Community College
- Marcia Bennett (Oklahoma City, OK) – University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Robert Wesley Fulton (Broken Arrow, OK) – Oklahoma State University
- Glen D. Johnson (Oklahoma City, OK) –Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education/University of Oklahoma College of Law/Southeastern Oklahoma State University
- Jane MaGrath (Norman, OK) –University of Oklahoma
- George Nigh (Oklahoma City) – University of Central Oklahoma
- Shivakumar Raman (Norman, OK) – University of Oklahoma
- Ramesh Sharda (Stillwater, OK) – Oklahoma State University
- Barbara Stoecker (Stillwater, OK) – Oklahoma State University
- Jerry B. Vannatta (Oklahoma City, OK) – University of Oklahoma College of Medicine/Oklahoma City University
- Ronald H. White (Oklahoma City, OK) – University of Oklahoma/Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
- Gerald Williamson (Ada, OK) – East Central University
About the Hall of Fame
The Oklahoma Higher Education Hall of Fame is sponsored by the Oklahoma Higher Education Heritage Society. In 1994, the 1st annual Oklahoma Higher Education Hall of Fame inducted ten inaugural honorees at the Civic Center Hall of Mirrors in Oklahoma City.
Through the Oklahoma Higher Education Hall of Fame, the Oklahoma Higher Education Heritage Society recognizes outstanding men and women (living and deceased) who have excelled in higher education, and who have encouraged others to contribute to the economic development and quality of life in Oklahoma. The Hall of Fame inducts individuals who have been employed by one or more of Oklahoma's institutions of higher education for ten years or more.
In addition, OHEHS has presented special Awards of Merit to corporations, philanthropists, and other distinguished supporters of Oklahoma higher education. These individuals need not be employed by an institution, but they must have performed outstanding meritorious service beyond financial contributions to higher education in the state.
More than 200 leaders have been inducted into the Oklahoma Higher Education Hall of Fame since 1994.
OHEHS expresses our deepest sympathy to the families of the Oklahoma Higher Education Hall of Fame Inductees who recently passed away. They will be missed.
Dr. Maggie Parks Hayes (inducted HOF 2015)