Hall of Fame
- Hall of Fame
OHEHS Announces the 2015 Hall of Fame Inductees
View press release.
Congratulations to the 2015 Inductees
- Belinda P. Biscoe (Norman) – University of Oklahoma
- David and Molly Shi Boren (Norman) – University of Oklahoma
- Anthony Wayne Confer (Stillwater) – Oklahoma State University
- Robert C. Dauffenbach (Norman) – University of Oklahoma
- C. Henry Gold (Durant) – Southeastern Oklahoma State University
- Lawrence K. (posthumous award) and Maggie Hayes (Oklahoma City) – Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education/University of Oklahoma
- Thomas McKeon (Tulsa) – Tulsa Community College
- Roscoe Rouse Jr. (Stillwater) – Oklahoma State University (posthumous award)
- Ingrid Shafer (Chickasha) – University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma
- Alan R. Velie (Norman) – University of Oklahoma
2015 Induction Ceremony & Dinner
The 2015 induction ceremony and dinner will be held Monday, October 12, at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum.
To purchase tickets or tables, please email the registration card with check or credit card information or contact the Executive Secretary, Amanda Jacobs, at 405-522-0779 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the event, please contact Marvanna Perry email@example.com.
- September 4, 2015 (to be included in the program if making a donation in honor of an inductee)
- September 18, 2015 (to purchase tickets and tables)
About the Hall of Fame
The Oklahoma Higher Education Hall of Fame is sponsored by the Oklahoma Higher Education Heritage Society. In 1994, the 1st annual Oklahoma Higher Education Hall of Fame inducted ten inaugural honorees at the Civic Center Hall of Mirrors in Oklahoma City.
Through the Oklahoma Higher Education Hall of Fame, the Oklahoma Higher Education Heritage Society recognizes outstanding men and women (living and deceased) who have excelled in higher education, and who have encouraged others to contribute to the economic development and quality of life in Oklahoma. The Hall of Fame inducts individuals who have been employed by one or more of Oklahoma's institutions of higher education for ten years or more.
In addition, OHEHS has presented special Awards of Merit to corporations, philanthropists, and other distinguished supporters of Oklahoma higher education. These individuals need not be employed by an institution, but they must have performed outstanding meritorious service beyond financial contributions to higher education in the state.
More than 200 leaders have been inducted into the Oklahoma Higher Education Hall of Fame since 1994.
OHEHS expresses our deepest sympathy to the families of the Oklahoma Higher Education Hall of Fame Inductees who recently passed away in 2014. They will be missed.
Dr. Paul Risser (former Chancellor of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education 2003 to 2006)
B. Curtis Hamm (inducted HOF 2007)
Jeannette Sias (Inducted HOF 2009)
LeRoy H. Fischer (Inducted HOF 2002)